Best Answer

Groups // Time triggers (30 days after hire)

• 17 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello, I just migrated from our previous system and launched with Docebo last week!

Use case I am trying to solve for: We send out an Onboarding survey (course with a survey) 30 days after a new employees hire date. Has anyone had any luck in creating a group that would include this and trigger 30 days after a users hire date? (I do have the hire date as an Additional Field.)

OR...if that is not possible wondering if there is an automated report I could set up to include all users who were hired in the last 30 days or something along those lines.

Any help is appreciated! This community has already been invaluable through the launch.

icon

Best answer by alekwo 20 November 2023, 15:12

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sadly there are no calculable fields in groups so no time triggers...I did create an idea on this if you'd like to vote it up…

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/automatic%2Dcourse%2Denrollment%2Dbased%2Don%2Drelative%2Ddates%2D1966

Thanks for the quick reply @lrnlab! I just went ahead and voted your idea post up on this topic. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx, the 2nd link has a better chance as it has 225 vote already...make sure to vote that one up too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@matt.hoglund the only time-based trigger I can think of is in the Learning Plan’s prerequisite settings.

This would require you to create two courses and add them to an LP - one course with some kind of a welcome message (and auto-play, so, it will be marked as completed as soon as the learner opens it), and the second course with the actual survey, set to be released 30 days after the first one is completed. 

Then you can create an enrollment rule, that will enroll all new employees into this Learning Plan, and a notification email, that will encourage them to open the first course, to make sure it will be set as completed and the timer for the second one will get started. 

Hi @alekwo Thanks so much! I do have an already existing course that all employees complete. This is great solution to achieve this until there are more options in enrollment rules. Thanks again! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@matt.hoglund - Like where @alekwo was going, you could work with another notification - the new user account notification and time it to trigger X Days after their account was created….so that could be a way of pulling it off. This is all based on user creation timing. Which may not be the best match. You may want to pair it with the user has not logged in yet notification as well.

A suggestion. If you have an HRIS feed? A better approach is to have those 30 days calculated elsewhere for you. For example, we established a New Employee field to ensure that we are only putting new employees into orientation - and we establish the field to be flagged for an employees’ first 30 days.

I hope these ideas help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you have a course they are completing then using the Notifications are the best option we have found!

Hi there,

@dklinger  and @Stephanie Dreiling Thanks for the suggestions! Another complication I have is that most of our work force does not have corporate emails so the notifications are really only something that I can use for Managers. So the notification option is not as effective but I will explore this option as well. Thanks again!