Has anyone iframed outlook calendar, ms calendar or google calendar into docebo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We are looking into docebo connect. Has anyone successfully iframed outlook calendar (or google calendar, or any other microsoft flavor calendar) into docebo, and have lessons learnt that you might share?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

If you are using Docebo Connect, why are you iframing the calendar in? Connect connects to the api’s of those services to connect things? What are you trying to do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The users are accustomed to using our old system’s calendar. We basically want to get a better calendar in docebo with features that docebo doesn’t offer. The users are not accustomed to using their outlook calendar for rsvps, and if possible, I want them to be able to do all LMS actions within the LMS if that is what they want. Those who are more savvy could use outlook calendar and not have to rely as much on the LMS. Also, getting them in to docebo for calendaring is an opportunity to capture them for elearning courses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The L&D admin at this specific member company asked if we could keep our circa-2013 LMS alive just for the calendar feature >.<

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I guess my push back would be, what is that calendar function. Iframing in gets tricky as I am guessing you want the actual user’s info? So you’re doing more of a built in setup than a standard iframe? We also had many issues with the built calendar so ended up building our own major one, but everyone uses the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Really all the user is getting at is that they want to display a catalog in one color on the calendar, with the user’s calendar in a second color, with duplicates merged to show only the user accepted events over the catalog events when there is a collision. The end result is thus showing a user what they are registered in and also what is available, on one easily intelligible view. It’s not a crazy ask, and we had it in our system in 2013.