Question

Help! Waiting list purgatory nightmares

• 25 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

When a user fails checkout it sticks them in Waiting List purgatory where they can't do ANYTHING with that course until admin intervention.

This is for courses that allow unlimited enrollments.

Is there any way to disable this “feature” so that if someone fails checkout, nothing happens instead of shoving them in purgatory?

Honestly, I’d love to straight up disable waiting lists for any non-ILT courses. 

Thanks!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have you turned the waiting list off on the course under the course’s advanced settings > Catalog options >

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

for every single course? 

there’s no global option?

In any case I don’t understand why being on the waiting list would block them from completing checkout. Sounds like a bug not a feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Its a course level setting. Waiting List has a pretty large implication to things and does get annoying. I would assume the idea was until you can actually take the course you shouldn’t be able to purchase it? There is a setting to allow the automatic enrollment which I would guess solves your admin has to do an action issue, but not sure as I don’t have any checkout setups.

If you or someone is comfortable in the api, could do a mass update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Basically if a user types in their credit card info wrong, or if Docebo has a bug in content partners, they get stuffed in waiting list and CANNOT try to purchase again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

would turn them off for sure then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Am I the only one having this issue? Seems crazy to me that nobody else is having problems with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I actually have that waiting list disabled altogether...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Pretty poopy that the system is ignoring my waiting list preferences.