Best Answer

Hide Global Search Tabs

• 31 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi! I am very new to Docebo and I can see this a popular topic but was still unclear from reading through the many community posts RE global search but is there a way to hide the Al Results & Training Material tabs in search? All of our courses are in catalogs so it seems like I only need My Courses and Learning Plans & the Course Catalog tabs and that would help generate less confusion about training materials + courses showing up, not to mention they don’t show the course completion status consistently across the tab options - which is also very confusing. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Cheers

icon

Best answer by JeanetteMcVeigh 2 November 2023, 19:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The search results is a bone of contention for a lot of people for different reasons. Check out this Idea for lots of ideas on short term options and help vote it up to make some changes.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@JeanetteMcVeigh Yea I saw that and already voted it up but will review the postings again. Thank you!

Userlevel 4

@jsalinas we have several tabs on the search results hidden, we had to hide them by their “place” in the order of the tabs. Below is the example CSS

/*hide Knowledge and Assets; Q&A; etc from search tab results*/

lrn-global-search dcb-ui-tabs-horizontal-header-item[aria-posinset="5"] {

display: none !important;

}

lrn-global-search dcb-ui-tabs-horizontal-header-item[aria-posinset="6"] {

}

lrn-global-search dcb-ui-tabs-horizontal-header-item[aria-posinset="2"] {

}

lrn-global-search dcb-ui-tabs-horizontal-header-item[aria-posinset="3"] {

}

/*END hide Knowledge and Assets; Q&A from search results END*/

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Jenna M. Hi! Thank you for responding. Are you able to share a screenshot of your tabs so I can see what you are talking about? Thank you!

Userlevel 4

@jsalinas  We have hidden positions 2,3,5,6 so you can see once the CSS is in place we only see positions 1 and 4 (All Results and Course Catalogs)

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Jenna M. Thank you!