Best Answer

How can I sell three courses as a single option, but also individually?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi - We have three courses, delivered on three consecutive days. We want to sell these courses individually, but also as a package (we are calling this a boot camp course and when purchasing all three the cost is lower). I’ve created a learning plan and added all three courses. I applied the eCommerce option that allows customers to purchase one or all courses.  This seems to work; however, we offer the boot camp a couple of times a year - so there are multiple sessions for each course.  When choosing a course from the learning plan, I am unable to choose the session.  Is there a better way for me to implement this? 

icon

Best answer by cschmelzer 5 May 2021, 18:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@cschmelzer I think it’s important in the learning plan description to also mention that the learner needs to go into the individual ILT course and choose which session they want to attend once they’ve purchased the course. 

You could also create a notification for users that purchase that course that reminds the learner to go choose their session. 

Additionally you could add those courses into an ILT catalog and create a catalog widget (set to calendar view) that displays the possible sessions that are available. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thank you. A little more complicated than I thought. I think I’m just going to create the three individual courses and then create a coupon that would apply a discount if a customer chooses to attend all three courses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@cschmelzer I might have misunderstood the original ask. It sounded like what you were originally asking was more driven about how to nudge the learners to select their sessions.

When choosing a course from the learning plan, I am unable to choose the session.  Is there a better way for me to implement this? 

GIven your response above though maybe you were asking more about what’s the best way to structure the purchase?