Best Answer

How do you include external training available in Docebo (NOT external training completed)

So our company has two different types of Customer Training. One is standard user training, which includes everything about how to use the product, concepts to understand, etc. The other is developer training. This is things like how to use our API’s, what to consider when integrating with our product, etc.

The developer training is created and managed be our Developer Relations team, who use open source technologies to present this training. They have their own reasons for using this as opposed to Docebo which I won’t go into here.

My question is, does anyone else have training outside of Docebo that they list inside Docebo? I’m not talking about the External Training function, which allows users to list external training they’ve completed. I’m more talking about having users be able to search for and be directed to external training that’s available.

Since Docebo doesn’t have a feature like this, has anyone else run into this problem and what did you do to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 21 March 2022, 19:55

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @rey.riel yes. you can create an External page to link to login page for a 3rd party course provider, or if you have access to the content files, you can load these as courses in the LMS. Some 3rd party vendors link SkillSoft also offer the ability to download their course packages in AICC format and you can load those onto your LMS. The last option is what Docebo offers in the Marketplace. If you have a license for one of the vendors they support (like LinkedIN) you can connect to their site and have Docebo download and create the courses automatically. The latter does require some curation and maintenance. We use the latter and downloaded all English content (10,000 courses) and I know regret it cause there is no easy way to remove the courses we dont want except 1 by 1.

The last option is what Docebo offers in the Marketplace.

Interesting, I’ll have to take a look and see if there’s anything markdown based that could help. Thanks for the ideas.

Badge

Hi @rey.riel yes. you can create an External page to link to login page for a 3rd party course provider, or if you have access to the content files, you can load these as courses in the LMS. Some 3rd party vendors link SkillSoft also offer the ability to download their course packages in AICC format and you can load those onto your LMS. The last option is what Docebo offers in the Marketplace. If you have a license for one of the vendors they support (like LinkedIN) you can connect to their site and have Docebo download and create the courses automatically. The latter does require some curation and maintenance. We use the latter and downloaded all English content (10,000 courses) and I know regret it cause there is no easy way to remove the courses we dont want except 1 by 1.

Hello Irnlab, In my company Digital Learning Team is operating a content server, which they are using to manage learning contents (mostly SCORM fileds) and push them to the systems they need to deliver the content to (Docebo is one of our shortlisted LMS, if in order to support this process, we have to clarify if there is any option to upload or link learning objects from an external system to Docebo, without having to do it manually via the UI. You have mentioned about Skillsoft pushing content via AICC download, do you have an technical architecture how it works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

With SkillSoft, they provide the packages on their site that are built specifically to be loaded into an LMS so not sure what the tech specs are. There must be some kind of GET/POST protocol in place to get the course content to communicate with SkillSoft + the user must have an active profile on both sides for this to work. Not sure it’s what you need though.

Badge

My need is almost similar to what you are mentioning. I just want to know the API architecture between our own company developed learners portal for which I will definitely have an account and the portal would like to push content specifically Scorm Packages to our Docebo LMS, so do you think our Docebo API browser calls will help or some other Rest API configuration is required..This is very important as based on that we will purchase Docebo domain for one of our specific businesses that needs this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@arnab.duttagupta2022 have never tried it but there are lots of APIs that might do the trick for you...If you have a good dev team, they might be able to do that for you.

Badge

@lrnlab I have a good development team and have also a microservice in place but I want to know Docebo’s capabilities. May be the technical team can help, how does Docebo upload the AICC content from Skillsoft?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab I have a good development team and have also a microservice in place but I want to know Docebo’s capabilities. May be the technical team can help, how does Docebo upload the AICC content from Skillsoft?

we download the package from the SkillSoft site and upload it to a course shell in Docebo; nothing fancy

Badge

we download the package from the SkillSoft site and upload it to a course shell in Docebo; nothing fancy

@lrnlab -    is there any document of this process in Docebo guidelines or University?

Badge

@lrnlab or anyone watching this post can let me know of the steps to connect to Skillsoft content and upload AICC atleast?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab or anyone watching this post can let me know of the steps to connect to Skillsoft content and upload AICC atleast?

Your Skillsoft account manger can help with that...when you have admin account with Skillsoft, you can freely download the AICC course packages for courses you purchased

Badge

Your Skillsoft account manger can help with that...when you have admin account with Skillsoft, you can freely download the AICC course packages for courses you purchased

I guess am not being understood here- I want to have an architecture blueprint of a learning content pushing Scorm packages and the API technology Docebo uses to upload that content. I am preparing a used case scenario for extending our Docebo licenses with a new domain for different business segment within my company.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

not sure it’s new size fits all as it will depend on the source where the course packages are being housed and how you want to have the content behave...if you want too store the content off Docebo and run it on another platform, you can but that's also another type of set-up...

Badge

@lrnlab - yes so is there any sample blue print of that connection which I can refer and demonstrate the developers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I don't have any such details, sorry.