Best Answer

How to add Instructor's name to Learning Object?

• 23 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi folks.

I’m picking up some tasks for a colleague who will be out of office for a bit & he’s been setting up some courses that prominently include the instructor’s name in the Learner View (see below image)

I have looked over every inch of the course & cannot for the life of me figure out where he set this up. i’m supposed to go back & fix several which are showing the incorrect instructor but I’ve checked every section & have no idea how he set this up. All i can guess was that it was done on the specific Learning Object (a podcast, which is just a video w/ a static background image) because it only appears when that specific item is in use. But i’ve checked every element on Properties, I’ve looked at Settings, all available options under the Edit button for the Object, & everywhere else i can think of…

Oh, & this is an eLearn, not an ILT, despite the inclusion of the Instructor.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

regards,
Nate

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 23 June 2023, 21:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

for eLearning, you need to enrol the user  and designate them as the Instructor, then ADD the Instructor widget to display their name, etc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

thansk @lrnlab … this all makes sense, but now the issue is that the Instructor widget is not displayed, though i can see it already on the Learner View...i’ll see if simply changing the instructor (which is what i needed to do in the first place) would at least fix this, but i’m very confused why that widget is showing up in the Learner View but it’s not set up in the Training Material section...i’m also seeing the Overview widget, which i specifically removed...but one issue at a time, i suppose.

anyway, thanks again that’s probably enough to fix one issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

try refreshing your page or logging out to see if that helps...sometimes it can be sticky.