Question

How to handle reporting on report access and download

• 9 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Curious on how the community has solutioned for tracking the activity of Power Users in the learn platform. Such as when they are pulling reports. I’ve reviewed the list of events the new audit trail covers, but nothing seems be to a good fit.

We invest time and effort in creating and managing the robust reporting available to us in the learn platform, but admins have no clear way to identify how or how often these reports are being used.

Hoping this community can share some ideas that will help us track this functionality in our platform whether with the audit trail, learn data, etc…

thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

and before you move on from this post - when thinking about the efficacy of your training, accessing reports by learning leaders/power users is a leading indicator as to whether the content and training is being managed and administrated effectively.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The audit log would be the only thing I could think of other than controlling the creation of reports and having them all sent to a central email box that could then be parsed out to see which reports are coming, but that doesn’t tell you who was looking necessarily. Seems like a gap if the audit log, and almost needs a completely different report for this. Looked quick at the API and don’t see anyhting that has this type of data unfortunately.

Userlevel 2
Badge

The audit log would be the only thing I could think of other than controlling the creation of reports and having them all sent to a central email box that could then be parsed out to see which reports are coming, but that doesn’t tell you who was looking necessarily. Seems like a gap if the audit log, and almost needs a completely different report for this. Looked quick at the API and don’t see anyhting that has this type of data unfortunately.

@Bfarkas your recognition of the gap is helpful.