Best Answer

How to push calendar link from ILT

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Good morning or afternoon.

I’m supporting someone who has 2 ILT courses planned in the coming weeks. I’m trying to figure out a way to create a notification that produces a link that can be used to add the event to the users’ calendars. I’ve been playing around w/ it & the best i’ve done so far is adding a link that opens the Teams meeting directly, which isn’t too helpful. Ideally, what I’d like is to add a calendar item that includes a link directly to the course (so the users enter via Docebo & the system recognizes them as having attended).

If anybody has any suggestions or insights I’d sure appreciate them.

Regards,
Nate

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 20 July 2022, 15:35

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @NateC are you using the [calendar_attachment] short code in your notifications? that will add the event but does not carry the event link. I generally add the course link short code to notifcaion that takes the user to course’s front door where they will see the join webinar button (or message saying session starts in xx:xx:xx depending on your settings). Note that this cannot be added the calendar invite as we have no options to edit these at the moment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @lrnlab that’s perfect!

@lrnlab - I’ve read thread after thread about ILT and VILT and am simply looking for a way to just attach a .ICS file to the course as a training material or more desirably in the Notification created to acknowledge enrollment. I tried attaching as a material but the file type is not accepted. We don’t want our learners to join the VILT session from within Docebo. So the join webinar button is useless to our organization. We do however want them to enroll in the course from the application for reporting purposes. For security reasons, we don’t want to leverage Docebo-Connect-for-Microsoft-Outlook-365-Calendar.  I am missing a way to attach an .ICS file to Notifications and if not, do you know if Docebo plans to allow this functionality in the future? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@sbyershulsey you only need to add the short code “ [calendar_attachment] “ anywhere in the message body. It will not appear as text to the recipients but will create a calendar ICS attachment. You will find it on the notification called, User enrolled in ILT Session, NOT the course enrolment email. Most often we forego the use the course enrolment email for ILT and only use the one that can send the calendar attachment to reduce SPAM; otherwise users would get 2 emails...1 for course enrolment and the other for session registration (enrolment). Hope this helps.

@lrnlab thank you SO much but that doesn’t add the link to the MS Teams invite it adds the link to the course. what am i doing wrong? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@sbyershulsey sadly there is no option to add the session link at this time but I hear this is another option that may be coming soon.

Only option I can think of to share a Teams link outside the course (join webinar button) would be to use something like the Newsletter option or the option to email users from the session enrolments & evaluations page.

Thanks for the guidance @lrnlab 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

anytime...hope that helps.

Hi @sbyershulsey,

You mentioned due to security reasons, you are not using the Docebo Connector for Microsoft Outlook. Can you let us know what security issues you have encountered?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@sbyershulsey sadly there is no option to add the session link at this time but I hear this is another option that may be coming soon.

Only option I can think of to share a Teams link outside the course (join webinar button) would be to use something like the Newsletter option or the option to email users from the session enrolments & evaluations page.

What about making the Event name the Teams link? The ICS that comes from the [calendar_attachment] link contains the Session title and Event title if I recall. Question is whether it would recognize it as a hyperlink or not in the calendar item’s description.

Userlevel 1

It does seem extremely odd that we can send a calendar invite with the code - but that calendar invite doesn’t contain any course information. 

Do you have to have Docebo Connect for that feature to work?