Best Answer

I need to include the learner's platform language in my course completion reports. Is this not possible in the plaform?

• 13 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We need to know how many learners who have selected a language other than English are completing our English e-Learning courses.  I have not found a way to pull that data into a report and am told by support that it’s not possible in Docebo.  

Does anyone else need learner language data in reporting?  We are trying to decide what languages to translate learning into and having this information enables us to target our polling.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 13 July 2023, 20:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

we do not however since courses cannot be created in more than single language can you use the course title language on your user reports as the clue? The only other option would be to create a user additional field to store the user’s language choice. From that point, you would be able to add that data to your reports.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

That’s an idea if we could find a way to populate that field from the language preference field. Our focus is on whether the translated subtitles on our english courses are helpful or unnecessary and since the subtitles kick in on the preferred language that information is relevant for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

That’s an idea if we could find a way to populate that field from the language preference field. Our focus is on whether the translated subtitles on our english courses are helpful or unnecessary and since the subtitles kick in on the preferred language that information is relevant for us.

you can export the language from the user managemen

t menu

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks @lrnlab, I had forgotten that I could pull that.  Now to see if i can update 15000+ learners’ language data with a .csv import.  We’ll test it a few times to avoid an unintended error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you can create a file with only the username and language field for your upload. Just cut & paste form the export and voila!