Question

I want to move content from the CLOR to my course file repositories, can that be done?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We provide a lot of course resources for our product training.  As it is i have to upload that content to each course.  Some of these files are used in multiple courses and I want to load them to the CLOR and then select them in each course when loading the file repository.

Is there a way to do that, and i just don’t see it?  It would also be nice to have it because when we update the content for a new release we could push it just once to those course repositories.

Hoping someone else out there has figured this one out...

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @jmkachidurian don’t think that is possible since the CLOR is more about learning objects.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab,

We could provide those resources as training materials but because they are really designed as resources, If learners only access some of them, it negatively impacts the course progress.  The file repository is the right place for them but having to load the same Cheat Sheet or recording links for each course is time consuming especially when we have the same info in public and private versions of the course.

It seems that the CLOR should be a repository for all learning material pushed to courses by admins whether it is used as a TM or a resource. It would be a huge lift for us.  Maybe an idea?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sounds like an idea to me! I’d vote it up…

Another idea I had is...if you add you content to a channel, you could insert a link to that channel from the  course description...maybe a workaround but this way you can re-use the link across other courses/places.

Hi there! Have you found a resolution for pushing resources to the file repository of multiple courses at one time? We need this functionality as well.  Thank you! 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@melissa.herndon  There is an Idea out there to upvote - but it’s been PARKED like all the other things I need.  Still nothing in the platform to allow this yet.  If you haven’t already, please upvote and encourage others to as well.