Best Answer

ILT Session - In Progress when the session is in the future

• 12 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a session/event scheduled for a future date. A user enrolls in that session. Why does that user have the option to “Start Learning now”? 

When I look at the course to see who has enrolled, I see several people that are in the status of “In Progress”. How can it be in progress if the ILT session is in the future?

Is there some setting I am missing?

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 12 April 2023, 14:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

For ILT’s the ‘In Progress’ status is essentially useless. It gets triggered for a bunch of things unrelated to the actual taking of the course, for instance it can trigger if the user accesses the course and selects a session. Pretty much ignore it which gets annoying for reporting as Not Started and In Progress have to essentially be the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree...we tried to make sense of it and it just seems that when the user interacts with the course even though there is no actual content to launch the status changes to in progress. Only when the admin enrols the user does it sit as Not Started. Doesn't make much sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Agree...we tried to make sense of it and it just seems that when the user interacts with the course even though there is no actual content to launch the status changes to in progress. Only when the admin enrols the user does it sit as Not Started. Doesn't make much sense.

We actually had a fun bug for a while whereby if the user was not enrolled in any sessions, but had gone to the page to view them, it moved them to in progress and then they could not see future sessions to enrol into unless they were reset to not started. Had to build a custom process that ran hourly and reset these users automatically. The status should honestly probably just go away for these types of courses as they don’t make sense in most situations. I suppose if doing multiple events that are required would make sense?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Bfarkas @lrnlab Thanks! I thought I was missing something here. It definitely seemed odd that a user could have the status of “In Progress” for an event that has not even started.