ILT Sessions For Nightshift Business

• 7 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone, 

Hope someone can help. So I cannot seem to find a way to schedule a night to morning ILT session, that would for example start at 22:00 and end at 07:00.

The system just will not let me. Is there anybody that has had to run ILT sessions during the night, and who knows how to manipulate the system to configure this?

Would really appreciate the help!

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Very good question.  We do have classes in the middle of the night (Eastern time); however, never for that amount of time.  I tried to do some testing playing with the Time Zone; however, I’m getting the same error as you.  You may need to start a chat session or log a ticket.  Sorry I couldn’t help.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah unfortunately all i got from support was:

I was hoping someone had found a good workaround or maybe even some CSS that can override this.

So surprised that such a limiting has been put on there. Would solve so many issues having the freedom to set start date and time and end date and time freely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

agree this something that should be built into the logic of events. Having to create 2 events just to keep the events within a single physical calendar day does not make sense. Please make sure to create an IDEA for this. 

Here’s the idea for everyone to vote!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We had this problem in the past as well for our overnight staff. :-( The workaround we were provided was to create the session for a different time zone but would fall during the same time as the session for our night crew (we are based in the Southwest of USA, so we ended up using a Europeans time zone). This could cause problems with staff who did not happen to update their timezone on their profile, so we had to make sure to also communicate date/times outside of what they saw in the LMS. 

We had this problem in the past as well for our overnight staff. :-( The workaround we were provided was to create the session for a different time zone but would fall during the same time as the session for our night crew (we are based in the Southwest of USA, so we ended up using a Europeans time zone). This could cause problems with staff who did not happen to update their timezone on their profile, so we had to make sure to also communicate date/times outside of what they saw in the LMS. 

Hi Annarose,

Yeah we tried that two but just create more disasters with communication not being easy to relay the time zone changes, plus also dealing with a multi-lingual workforce its just too much hassle. Plus also from UK GMT can only get at best a 14hr zone change.  Just messy. Am hoping this is something they will see as a viable fix, as I think its a real shortcoming on the platform, but not a complicated changed from my Dev Ops experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

voted up thank you.