Skip to main content
Best Answer

Implementing Gamification - Unpublishing a Badge Question

• 12 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi All~ Just wanted to make sure I am understanding what happens when I unpublish a badge correctly.

If I unpublish a badge, staff that have already earned it and it’s points, will keep the badge and the points and can see them in the gamification area.

If the badge is unpublished, users who have not earned that badge prior to it being unpublished, would they be able to see it in the badges not yet awarded section?

Use Case: We are running a leaderboad for 1 quarter where staff can earn badges assigned manually. Once the leaderboard expires, we will not be manually awarding these badges anymore. My goal is once I unpublish a badge - those that have not earned them can’t see that they exist and won’t fall under the not awarded yet section.

Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @jsalinas,

I believe that unpublishing a badge will essentially hide it from the Not Awarded list that appears on a person’s My Badges and Points page. In the screenshot below, there’s a gemstone badge in the Not Awarded list in the left-hand image. I unpublished that badge and when I viewed My Badges and Points again, the gemstone badge was no longer visible. 

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@LNew Thank you! That’s what I wanted to confirm ~ Cheers