Best Answer

Import External Training is not working - no error message

• 1 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m importing a CSV of external training for the first time into the system. As far as I know I’ve done everything correctly. Below is a screenshot of the import schema as Docebo sees it.

However, none of these end up imported. After I click Next on this screen nothing happens. There is no background job generated, and I never see the trainings go into the user’s transcripts.

So far I’ve tried creating the Course under “Manage Trainings and Institutes”. This didn’t fix it, and my understanding is I shouldn’t have to do that anyway because we are not requiring those fields be selected from a drop down.

I don’t know what else to look at. What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 1 September 2022, 17:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ktbadham yes this is an odd one...I haven't used the import in a while but seem to recall it was finicky...one thing I notice in your file pic above is the date format. You do not include a year, is that intentional? Have you tried to add the year to see if that helps?

I just tried it and can confirm that you need to have the institutes and the associated courses created before you attempt the import. Also make sure that the courses you create are aligned to the institutes as these also need to match.

I can also confirm that there was no error message or anything to say whether the operation was successful or not so the only way you know it worked is to look for those recent transactions in the main page…

This is another area that definitely needs some improvement.

Userlevel 3
Badge

You were right friend! It was the date. Having a background job with an error log like other import areas definitely would have helped me figure that out on my own.

I found an idea an upvoted it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Will vote it up too. Thx for digging it out