Best Answer

Is it possible to get the enrollment status on ALL tiles (catalog, channel ...)?

• 20 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear community members

I have tried to create a new page showing courses on a page. I’ve tried both Catalogs and Channels, but none of them is satisfactory

• Channel display the course enrollment status (👍) but is impossible to sort by course codes (😤)
  • Catalog all the course sorting but the enrollment statuses tags disappear !

Any suggestions ?

icon

Best answer by pmo 22 April 2022, 19:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

At this time, it’s not possible to display the enrollment status of courses & learning plans in a catalog. The original idea of a catalog is that it’s a browsable list of courses and as such wouldn’t be referencing user data. 

Here’s an idea that I recommend voting on that could solve your use case in catalogs:

Please note that the idea is currently Parked, meaning the product team does not plan to consider this idea in the short term, but may reconsider it in the future.

There’s another idea to enable manual sorting of content in Channels, but that feature has been closed. You can learn more about the reason why in @Marco.T’s pinned reply on the idea.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I feel like there should be a better option for this.  Users should be able to see what courses within a catalog have already been completed by them  If not with a status indicator on the thumbnail, then at least with a filter option. 

I ran into the same issue - the channel widget does show the status, which is great, but there is no way to control the order of courses within a channel.  We want to be able to sort the courses in a specific order (either by course codes or titles).

If this can’t be done through a catalog widget, then surely something else could be done to provide this much needed functionality???  When I send a new hire to our Onboarding page, they should be able to easily see which courses in each group they have completed and which ones they have not.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

My organization would welcome this feature. Fine grained sorting and dashboards would really help some of our high-volume users.