Question

Is it supposed to say "watched" for a pdf post in a channel?

• 4 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I mean, technically you did watch it ;)

seems an overlook for sure with the label be one size fits all and the focus on media content here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have you looked to see if there is a localization entry to change it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’d hope there is one, but fear it is generic for all the file types here...could be interesting.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I ended up changing these instances of ‘watched’ to ‘viewed’ which I think covers more file types.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Nice, was trying to decide a word that would work universally this morning

Userlevel 3
Badge

I ended up changing these instances of ‘watched’ to ‘viewed’ which I think covers more file types.

Would like to know how’d you do that?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Would like to know how’d you do that?

Thanks in advance!

You can use the localization tool for this (Admin > Settings > Localization). Then click the hamburger icon to navigate to where you can replace terms.

Then you search for the word you want to change (i.e. watched)

All of the instances of ‘watched’ will then appear. If you click on the translation then you can edit the language.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I would echo the suggestion above - I have a lot of our customers change it to viewed as well to be more encompassing for all types. This would be a good idea to submit for Docebo to change the default wording to that as I think it makes more sense as you don’t watch a link either. 😆