Best Answer

Is there an API to extract the course report "training material statistics" Answers breakdown?

• 14 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I can do this manually however I’m looking to see if there is an API that will do this as well. I have searched through the API’s but I know that some of them are in really weird places and I’m hoping that someone might have an answer.

icon

Best answer by KMallette 21 May 2024, 21:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Lucy.blake - endpoints related to Reports (hard not to say Old Reports) is under the report services. Endpoints related to New Reports is under the analytics service.

In the cap below (from Services = analytics > Report) that you would already have the report setup, and then the endpoint would call for exporting the report using the report ID.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Lucy.blake 

I can do this manually however I’m looking to see if there is an API that will do this as well. I have searched through the API’s but I know that some of them are in really weird places and I’m hoping that someone might have an answer.

Hi, Lucy

Is this the data you’re looking for? I know you can’t get it from a standard report (new or old), and in the API training materials are called “LO” … for learning object.

I’ve been trying to chase this down for months myself, and I got close with getting this information for surveys (similar setup), however, the APIs require ID information that has alluded me. If you search in the community for “API Survey Test” you’ll see the various conversations and how this seemingly simple task is anything but.

Some related conversations:

The best solution we’ve found is to provide PU access for those instructors (by course) who need this information, and then train them to retrieve it themselves.