Issue: Scorm trainings showing up in the wrong languages

• 9 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3

Hello community!

We are encountering an issue where we have scorm files showing up in different languages for users.

For example, an english scorm file is showing up in korean when the learner opens it to play. 

I have provided screen recordings and HAR files to Docebo but they say they cannot replicate it and therefore it will be difficult for them to prove to their developers there is an issue here. But I have provided the evidence and have about 10-15 users reported encountering this issue. 

We did try to delete and reupload the same scorm files and it does fix the issue eventually. So if the same scorm file being uploaded works… then the source is not the scorm?

Has anyone else encountered this? Or any advice or ideas?

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@oliviachow Interesting… are you republishing the scorm before uploading it again, or just uploading it? Is it any particular browser involved? Anything at all that links these 10-15 people? Is there anything in your content-creating app (like in Articulate/Capitvate) that allows you to provide multiple langues in the same published file? Is the whole course displaying in Korean, or it is just some characters, as in a font issue? (Just a note, you need a Unicode font in your course if the course language has any special characters.)

I don’t think you can 100% rule out the scorm file. Have you tried it on Scorm.com?

Userlevel 2

@oliviachow has this been resolved for you? We seem to be having the same issue in Italian! The course itself is still in English, but the directions (start/resume/etc) appear in the wrong language. Apparently, support has said it is a platform issue?

Userlevel 3

@MyCity Unfortunately no solution/root cause found yet.  Do you have a ticket open as well where Docebo told you it is a platform issue?  Do you mind DM-ing me your case number?   Hoping I can share that with my CSM and they can look at our cases together to see if it’s related to the same cause.

My Docebo support person just says that they can’t replicate the issue on their end and to dig into the scorm file.  So currently I am trying to find answers to all the SCORM related questions @KMallette brought up.    Thanks @KMallette !

Userlevel 2

Hi @oliviachow how can they not replicate the issue? Isn’t it just a matter of signing in to the course? I don’t think this is a SCORM issue because this wasn’t happening before. @teresa.mycity.org would have the case number. Feel free to private message her. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@MyCity Unfortunately no solution/root cause found yet.  Do you have a ticket open as well where Docebo told you it is a platform issue?  Do you mind DM-ing me your case number?   Hoping I can share that with my CSM and they can look at our cases together to see if it’s related to the same cause.

My Docebo support person just says that they can’t replicate the issue on their end and to dig into the scorm file.  So currently I am trying to find answers to all the SCORM related questions @KMallette brought up.    Thanks @KMallette !

Hi @oliviachow may I ask if the issues are happening to your own SCORM files/training materials that you created/uploaded to the platform or the courses that are exported from the Docebo Marketplace? Because for us, the issue does not affect our own courses that we created and uploaded to the platform, it is only happening to the courses we exported from the Content Marketplace Library.