Skip to main content

Hi all,

Another question about localization😀

We’re planning to add Spanish captions to our English videos, but I’m wondering what to do about localizing the tests and surveys. I don’t suppose anyone has found a way to make the language of these items selectable?

You have to make separate courses and set equivalences between them. It’s messy.

Or, tell people to google translate (our path) their browser

You can also choose to add BOTH language tests/surveys and have both set-up as the end object marker; so when the user completes either, the course is marked as completed. You might want to set them up in folders so it’s a but clearer for your users.

Hm - but wouldn’t the learner see both tests and have to click next to see spanish or click next twice to “submit” english?

Don’t recall but making the test objects the thing that marks the course as completed should not require them to click next. You’d have to test it to be sure 

Have also gone the route of basically scorm package for the test, and theres a ‘choose your language’ choice as the first question. I know not technically built in, but is another route.

Thanks, all. Looks like there are a few workarounds, but no silver bullet at the moment. Fingers crossed Docebo implements the idea mentioned above by @lrodman 

Keep in mind that if you ad equivalencies, they will ALL appear on the user transcript and in reports + the way they work, you wont know which course they actually completed unless you include the actual training time in your reports...this why we do not use these. We need a separate completion status for equivalencies.

Thanks @lrnlab

For now, we’re going to ask users to translate their browser. In the future, I’m hoping Docebo will make it possible to add multiple languages to a single course wrapper.

Have had several success that way to (when there was a perceived need for the translations that actually didn’t exist in certain groups) as a fall back and to eliminate the excuse from some managers. 

Hi @Daniel there are a few more like this so if you haven't already voted, pleas do