Best Answer

Language selection option for tests and surveys

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi all,

Another question about localization😀

We’re planning to add Spanish captions to our English videos, but I’m wondering what to do about localizing the tests and surveys. I don’t suppose anyone has found a way to make the language of these items selectable?

icon

Best answer by lrodman 11 November 2022, 14:56

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You have to make separate courses and set equivalences between them. It’s messy.

Or, tell people to google translate (our path) their browser

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You can also choose to add BOTH language tests/surveys and have both set-up as the end object marker; so when the user completes either, the course is marked as completed. You might want to set them up in folders so it’s a but clearer for your users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hm - but wouldn’t the learner see both tests and have to click next to see spanish or click next twice to “submit” english?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Don’t recall but making the test objects the thing that marks the course as completed should not require them to click next. You’d have to test it to be sure 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have also gone the route of basically scorm package for the test, and theres a ‘choose your language’ choice as the first question. I know not technically built in, but is another route.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks, all. Looks like there are a few workarounds, but no silver bullet at the moment. Fingers crossed Docebo implements the idea mentioned above by @lrodman 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Keep in mind that if you ad equivalencies, they will ALL appear on the user transcript and in reports + the way they work, you wont know which course they actually completed unless you include the actual training time in your reports...this why we do not use these. We need a separate completion status for equivalencies.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks @lrnlab

For now, we’re going to ask users to translate their browser. In the future, I’m hoping Docebo will make it possible to add multiple languages to a single course wrapper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have had several success that way to (when there was a perceived need for the translations that actually didn’t exist in certain groups) as a fall back and to eliminate the excuse from some managers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Daniel there are a few more like this so if you haven't already voted, pleas do