Best Answer

Language Toggle

• 24 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We utilize a public catalog. The public catalog has an easy language toggle at the top for users to quickly switch from English to Spanish.

Is there a way to have this toggle inside the platform? If so, I must have turned it off at some point and now I can’t figure out how to turn it back on. I know users can change this within their profile but I wanted this option as well if it is available.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by GingerG 25 May 2021, 02:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I did some more research and spoke to a Docebo Solution Deployment Manager to confirm. The language toggle is only available on the Public Catalog. Within the platform the language should be modified within the user profile under Preferences. 

I wanted to provide an answer in case someone else came across this post. 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you for following up with the answer @GingerG! 👏 

One idea to make the language preferences more “top of mind” for your learners would be to add a custom content box on a page that links directly to their profile. The “My Profile” page is the same link for all learners. You’d just need to link to /learn/my-profile.

Thanks for bringing this up and answering it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Adam Ballhaussen thank you for pointing out this additional tip! We also utilize this option and have added language in our help documentation as well. Anything to get the word out. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Haha of course! How could I have failed to mention the My Profile widget 🤦‍♂️ 

That’s honestly an even cleaner way to link users to their profile and make their profile info readily available directly from a page. I’d advise others to first consider using the My Profile widget as you showed here and then consider using the Custom Content box solution if for some reason the My Profile widget doesn’t suit their needs.

@GingerG I love that page design btw

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thank you, @Adam Ballhaussen. I’ve been working with @nick.tosto to design new pages. I am super happy with them. He did a great job!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I love to hear that! I can’t wait to see more screenshots of your platform in the community @GingerG 🙂

@nick.tosto awesome work 👏👏👏