Question

'Learner completed a course' Notification

• 4 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone

I want a notification to go out 50 weeks after a specific course has been completed, reminding the Learner of a task that needs to be carried out.  I have tested this using the Learner Completed a Course template and it works.  However the specific course needs to be repeated every 3 years so I’m wondering whether, once the learner completes the course for the first time and the status is recorded as Completed, in 3 years’ time when the course is repeated will the Learner Completed a Course notification still be triggered?

I haven’t used the Certification has expired or Certification has been issued templates as they can not be assigned to a specific course.

Many thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

@SarahBee what you are describing is Certifications. User takes a course to be certified and then there are notifications that can be setup for when that is about to expire. I think we have ours a 1 month, 2 weeks, 3 days, 1 day, and then the expiration notification.

You can setup the interval of re-certification. The only difference is that the learning needs to use the renew link available in the notification or in their My Activities > Certification tab.

Managing the Certifications and Retraining App – Docebo Help & Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@SarahBee your Certification can contain only that 1 course….what’s nice with this is that when you set the retraining interval (3 years) you can have the app reset the course automatically as long as the user uses the “RENEW” button from My Activities. the bad part is this is not archived; that option should be coming soon as well as a certification widget (heard about this but have no facts). The notificaitons work well and you can still use the notification you already have in place for the course. May be worth a look.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @dwilburn and @lrnlab 

@dwilburn The certifications are already set up.  The additional notification I want to set up is to remind them of a task they’re required to complete each year before the certification expires.

@lrnlab I thought this would be the case but as it is an ILT course and the Learners will not be able to choose which session they attend, it is unlikely they will be clicking the RENEW NOW button.  I will be enrolling the Learners onto their allocated sessions so my Pan B is to log in as each Learner, click on the RENEW NOW button so that their course status reverts back to NOT STARTED and then enroll them onto a session.  That way once they repeat the training and the status is COMPLETED the Learner Completed a Course notification will be triggered 50 weeks after recertification.
Do please let me know if you don’t think this will work 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree it’s tougher with ILT courses…

As for getting folks to the new button, we created a custom box and placed it on their homepage that leads the to the certification tab of My activities. easiest way to get them there without a proper widget. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @lrnlab 

By the time I’d set that up and then chased people to click the RENEW NOW button it will be quicker for me to click the button myself 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

LOL, I hear you...hopefully you not have a large group to look after...