Best Answer

Learning Plan - including an e-learning and an ILT session

• 27 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have created a learning plan. It is composed of an e-learning and an ILT session. I have set the rule that the e-learning must be completed prior to being able to access the ILT session.

When accessing the ILT part of the learning plan the learner is asked to pick a session. This is the issue I have; I do not want the learner to be able to pick a session.

What I would like to see happen, is the learner is put onto the waiting list/queue and the instructor will then assign them to a session. We do not always know in advance when there will be a session, so we are kind of using this as a queue and to keep track of who needs it. We do not want learners enrolling in random sessions. Is there a way to make this happen?

Note: I have already checked the course’s settings (i.e., self-enrollment not allowed) and do not see any way to make this happen. 

Thanks for the help. 

icon

Best answer by alekwo 30 October 2023, 09:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @KLevensky you may experiment with keeping the

Course Self-Enrollment as “Self-enrollments are available”
and changing the 

Course Enrollment Policy settings to “Pending Admin Approval”.

We are using those settings for past ILT sessions that are not scheduled in the future but we still want learners to be able to enroll, then we assign them to past sessions manually, so they get access to session replays. It may work similarly for you, but you will assign learners to new sessions once scheduled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you set the session max enrolment to 1 and enable the waitlist feature at the course level, that should expose the “waitlist” button on the user side. There is no notion of a waitlist for sessions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

^ I’ve done this as well and then have a few fake users that are auto-enrolled in the course/session so they are always in waitlist mode. Kind of annoying and a bit confusing to users, but works.