Learning Plans Past Due Notifications

• 17 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi everyone! I work as an admin for my companies’ Docebo platform and had a question I wasn’t able to figure out in the help files. 

We currently use learning plans for a few of our compliance courses, and I’m trying to determine how we can have Docebo send a notification if one, or multiple, courses are overdue in the learning plan, rather than from each individual course, to prevent a user from getting say 3 or 4 emails of overdue lessons. 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Rick K. there is no option to send for the LP itself but you can use this template to send a roll up of all courses due on a any given day to the user. It’s called Digest: course has expired. This will only work if you are using the “Active Until” date on your courses. If not, you can use this one: Digest: learner has yet to complete a course, which works from the enrolment date - a little trickier to manage

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another alternative, not native though, is to leverage reports to isolate the users and courses and date status and do a mail merge to the users. (Or use one of the many automation systems to send the email). Has the added advantage of adding managers to them and some other customizations. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Rick K. there is no option to send for the LP itself but you can use this template to send a roll up of all courses due on a any given day to the user. It’s called Digest: course has expired. This will only work if you are using the “Active Until” date on your courses. If not, you can use this one: Digest: learner has yet to complete a course, which works from the enrolment date - a little trickier to manage

@lrnlab Our compliance team wants daily reminders for a single overdue course and I was hoping to leverage Digest: course has expired but ran into the issue you described. It doesn’t trigger on enrollment expiration unlike the basic Course has expired notification. It’s frustrating that the digest doesn’t work with enrollment expiration the same way the basic version does.

You’re correct that the Digest: learner has yet to complete a course is a workaround but the major issue with using it is that it will also trigger for individuals who do not yet have expired enrollments. Because of that limitation you can’t really tailor it towards only individuals who have expired enrollments. If you’re not trying to do a daily blast targeted only at expired enrollments and don’t foresee issues with sending it to those still within their validity period then it is a great option. 

@Bfarkas That’s an interesting idea that also addresses the shortcoming of not having an overdue digest for managers (we shouldn’t need workaround for this stuff!). Are you sending them out as yourself or using an email domain set up an automated system? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@hchewni re: your note about using the digest...it should not go to users unless you actually configure a version of that template to go to users...there is an option for managers.

See this post:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab My comment on managers was really that it would be nice to have a Digest: course has expired notification that worked on enrollment dates and could also go to managers. The primary issue of Digest: learner has yet to complete a course is the same for users and managers in my use case: it casts too wide of a net by including those who are not overdue.  Notifications are a bit of a mess and hopefully these notifications in particular will get some love in the revamp.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@lrnlab My comment on managers was really that it would be nice to have a Digest: course has expired notification that worked on enrollment dates and could also go to managers. The primary issue of Digest: learner has yet to complete a course is the same for users and managers in my use case: it casts too wide of a net by including those who are not overdue.  Notifications are a bit of a mess and hopefully these notifications in particular will get some love in the revamp.

right, this template works from the enrolment date so they would eventually see that some one is overdue but that depends on how you set it up and when you send it...also, since you can select what course are part the email, you could create different versions or only include those courses you need managers to track and send the emails at 31 day after enrollment for courses where you add a 30 day due date