Best Answer

Link for Teams

• 24 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We want to get the MS Teams link for an event so we can share it if anything goes wrong. Is this possible?

If not, could you create a meeting with Teams in Outlook and pull that link to put it into the event as a "custom tool". The person has been paired on Teams. (Also, if this does work, does the person have to be paired? That would save so much time in trying to get random people paired for one event a year).

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 24 June 2022, 16:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @karilynnrussell for sure you can create your Teams meeting outside the LMS and use the custom link option in your event...we do this all the time and it works great.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab Thank you! Do you know if this works whether or not the person is paired? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Are you asking if they need an account on the LMS? If yes, then the answer is no...you can set-up whatever virtual tool you want and add the link to the custom tool...it’s just like sharing a meeting link in an email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I say regularly, don’t overthink the custom tool, its literally just a link in the form of a button :)

Userlevel 4

Hmmm. I like the simplicity!  Right now, I’m stuck using vILT with Teams link because we need to capture attendance and plan to put the webinar recording into the vILT as a resource (best option?) so others can ‘attend’ on demand.

Any suggestions on best UX with automation here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What I’ve done for vILT’s in your scenario is that I share the link to the session in Docebo to reinforce the behavior of going through the LMS to join and not have users ditch and have attendance issues by going directly.

Note, you can record attendance on the custom, its just not smart, it records they attended when they click the Join button. Have had instructors go this route and then remove credit from any egregious class jumpers who joined for a minute.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Bfarkas We use the custom tool often for Zoom links for vendors. We delayed the “course completion” notification for five hours to prevent those class jumpers from thinking they got credit. I agree, it’s not ideal. Especially when Zoom had outages earlier this week and we had a bunch of people get credit that couldn’t get into the Zoom session.