Question

LinkedIn Learning Catalog

• 1 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Community! I have just integrated LinkenIn learning with Docebo. When I did so, a catalog was built called “LinkedIn Learning”. I have two issues:

1. the filters in Docebo are not the same as in LinkedIn Learning, so the users will be confused when they cant filter by what they are used to in LinkedIn learning. Right now I have it set that the LIL courses will show within Docebo window. Would this be solved if I had the setting to Open in a new window? I dont want to test it because it said that switching this setting back and forth will mess up the LIL courses.
  2. Since the LiL courses are all in one HUGE catalog, how can I set up this catalog to be its own page? The catalog widget only allows me to select customer catalogs and then ALL catalogs show. I ONLY want the LIL catalog to show. How can I circumvent the system? 

thank everyone! All thoughts welcome! 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @cathyp yup, had the same issue here...not sure why a LIL catalogue is automatically created cause you can’t really do anything with it.

I created a new catalogue and added only the LIL courses by searching for “urn:li:lynda” which is a unique code these courses. Once your catalogue is set-up you can create a new page and show only this catalogue to your users. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am a novice. In order to get those courses into their own catalog, how did you do that exactly? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
  1. Create a new catalogue
  2. when you add courses, search for only those that start with the code mentioned previously
  3. This will show you only LIL courses
  4. Select all & add
  5. Your catalogue is all set
  6. Next, build your page and add the catalogue widget
  7. Add the new catalogue you just created
  8. Add your page to your menu(s)
Userlevel 2
Badge

GREAT!!! Thank you so much! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

hmmmm, when I searched by urn:li:lynda  only 2 courses showed up. is that because I have to import all 17000 courses for them to show up in my course list?

Userlevel 2
Badge

See how they all say import in the market place? Do I have to import all those courses??

Userlevel 2
Badge

Well, after many many hours, I figured out a way to isolate the LinkedIn Catalog by itself. 

1. Add catalogs to you menu and scroll to the LinkedIn Learning Catalog. Copy the URL. 
  2. Create a NEW page in the Manage pages admin
  3. Select New Custom page External Link
  4. Click next and fill in the code/page name/description and paste the ULR into the URL location! 
  5. click open in new window. 

There you have it!!