Question

LinkedIn Learning mute

• 25 July 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi,

We have the linkedin learning connection working, however there is one small problem.  Videos always start mute and it may not be entirely obvious to the user that there is audio.

Does anybody know of a way to set to audio to not be muted by default?

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Odd. We also use the LinkedIn Learning integration and I do not have that problem. Maybe it’s a global setting on the LiL admin side?

Same issue here.

Userlevel 2

Hello,

We just integrated and had the same issue as well. Did you ever solve it? I looked in both Docebo’s Advanced and LinkedIn’s Admin Integration settings, but saw nothing obvious. Chrome is set to allow sound for all sites. We have a previously existing library of LinkedIn content that was imported as AICC shells outside of the integration and they do not exhibit this launch behavior. I also noticed after I deleted a course from the central repository, The LinkedIn library’s course IMPORT function was grayed back on it’s card. I guess you can only import them once? Any help or documentation is appreciated. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

didn’t solve it im afraid

Userlevel 2

@KTJD and @lhubbard What browsers are you using? After more conversation with LinkedIn Learning, they are standing firm that it is a browser issue, which makes no sense as theirs is the only content exhibiting this behavior. I cracked open the AICC files, but there are no player control or audio settings in there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Chrome for me

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @KTJD 

You have to take into consideration 2 things.

1. Check if users allowed the autoplay videos in Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/a565326/disabling-autoplay-of-videos?lang=en
  2. Check in your browser the following:
  • Press the padlock located next to the url. From here you can allow the sound individually by page

• Check your global settings if you want to allow the sound for all pages with sound you visit. For that, you have to go to Settings as per screenshot below

I hope this helps ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Sorry you are mis understanding the query.  Chrome itself isn't muting the video.  the player is already muted by default.