Best Answer

Manager not able to see all of sub managers team

• 20 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We have a senior manager, who when looking at the ‘My Team’ section can see all her direct reports, and all of the sub reportees as well. All with the exception of 1 person.  I’ll try my best to explain.

e.g Hannah can see Claire in her team.  She can also drill down to see all of Claire's team with the exception of 1 person - Lisa.  Claire can see Lisa in her team with no issues.

Lisa has 2 jobs therefore 2 managers

in Lisa’s profile Claire is set as Manager 2 (some other person as Manager 1).  Could this be the reason why Hannah doesn’t see her?  im assuming this is a glitch rather than a setting?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 20 January 2023, 16:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes I think that’s it. you can try setting her Manager 2 to Manager 1 to see if that fixes it...also if log in as Manager 2, you should then see the reverse effect...have you tried that to confirm this is the behaviour?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I haven't, only because i didn't want to mess about in case there was another possibility.  we’ll test

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

yep that fixed it.  other manager will have same problem though

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

it;’s kind of like the difference between Tutor & Instructor...the 2nd manager has a limited amount of access as compared to the direct manager

I’m late to this discussion, but I think it can be accomplished by adding another manager type and assigning Claire to the other manager in that type. A person cannot be assigned to two managers of the same manager type. It’ll auto remove them from one when they’re added to another.