Best Answer

Managing Company-Wide Weekly vILT courses

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’ve seen this topic appear in a few variations, but was hoping to ask the question more specifically to my situation. 

Our company has a weekly company-wide meeting. My hope is to have a convenient way to track attendance throughout the year. My problem, as I know others have encountered, is that I can’t quite find a way to make things “easy”.

Currently, I’ve created a single course - let’s call it “Weekly Meeting”. Within the course, I’ve created a session for every week this meeting is hosted. My main concerns are the following:

1. When I open the “Weekly Meeting” course from a learner’s perspective, each session is collapsed using a dropdown with only one being displayed.
    1. It appears that the course always loads with the first event associated to the course. For example, if I have events on Dec 15, January 15 and February 15, opening the course will always default to Dec 15.
      1. Is there a way to have the upcoming be displayed by default when opening the course?
    2. If someone misses a session, will the course automatically load the upcoming course?

So my question is - how are you managing weekly (optional) staff meetings? Are you using Docebo at all? If so, what does your setup look like? What I have now works, but it can’t possibly be the most efficient way.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 24 January 2024, 16:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sadly there isn't much you can about how things are displayed as far as I know. 

As for getting away from creating a whole bunch of weekly courses, have you looked in using the enrolment archiving to archive the previous week’s sessions and re-enrol your users? This was they would only need to choose register for their next session but remain enrolled in the course.

Sadly there isn't much you can about how things are displayed as far as I know. 

As for getting away from creating a whole bunch of weekly courses, have you looked in using the enrolment archiving to archive the previous week’s sessions and re-enrol your users? This was they would only need to choose register for their next session but remain enrolled in the course.

Thank you for the suggestion @lrnlab - I haven’t heard of that feature before. Is enrolment archiving part of the course settings?

Also, will using enrolment archiving limit our session / event level reporting? I’m assuming I could export that data weekly, but I’m hoping the information stays stored in the Docebo even when using enrolment archiving.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@acarrier yes it is..it allows to essentially archive a users completion of the course and has options to re-enroll them so they could them choose to register for a new session. Today, once a user attends a session in a course they cannot re-enroll in the same course and into a new session since the system identifies them as completed.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/11521889929490-Archiving-enrollments-for-recurrent-training

As archiving was introduced recently it hasn't had many updates and there are reporting gaps. For instance, while you see your archived data in reports, if your reports include user additional data, these fields do NOT populate in reports - big gap but workable. It’s a matter of choosing what works for you. We chose to use it but are not thrilled that reports are not complete for archived records. 

Thanks again, @lrnlab appreciate the input. I’ll dig a little bit deeper and may reach out to you to compare notes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sure thing...glad to help