Best Answer

Mass deletion of users in Docebo.

• 12 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Here is my question. I have a branch that is dedicated to users that were created by mistake by our data team.

Right now we have about 40,000 users in this branch and I’m can’t find an easier way to remove them. Only method that I’ve found was through User Management, selecting 9 users from that branch at a time, then when I reach 500 deleting those users. Then doing this about 80 times. 

This is very time consuming and we cant go over the 500 users at a time, since it will not work and error out.  

If any of you have any tips or other methods of mass deletion.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 13 February 2024, 15:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3

If you have a list of (username) of the users you need to delete, you could create something like a temporary branch, update the branch of those users via csv upload to the temp branch, go to the temp branch, “select all” and then delete. Haven’t tested that myself, but I think that should work and be a rather quick solution, if you have the list of user names.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can select more than 500 from my experience...we were sadly hacked a few days ago where 200,000 profiles were added. We used the select all option and let job run. It took several hours and backed up other jobs but it worked in the end.

Thank you @lrnlab I was under the impression that Docebo limits the amount of user that can be deleted somehow. Thanks for letting me know. I appreciate the advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

you can select more than 500 from my experience...we were sadly hacked a few days ago where 200,000 profiles were added. We used the select all option and let job run. It took several hours and backed up other jobs but it worked in the end.

Um - you were hacked??????

Um - you were hacked??????

NO, we weren't hacked. We use a Scheduled Docebo Automation rule to import users, they were created by mistake. 

Update: I was able to do a mass Deletion of all 40,00 users with only a slight hiccup on the process. What I did is moved all those users to a temporary branch by selecting “All” in the user management, then did the Choose Action and move to Brach. It gave me a red server error on the bottom of the page and continued to move those users, but only did half. I went back to the original branch and then moved those other 20,000 to the temp branch and did the rest. 

From the temp branch I selected “All”, then did the delete users with NO issues. 

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.