Skip to main content
Question

Mass Enroll to Courses from My Team Page

I found an article about how Supervisors can look at direct reports of their direct reports, and use the mass action feature to assign them courses, just like they can for their direct reports. Screenshot below.

But when I look at ours that option is not available. Screenshot below. What am I doing wrong? I think there’s a setting I need to change, but I can’t find it.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@ktbadham  Are you sure that you have the direct managers configured completely? In order to see “down the chain” the top manager needs to be listed as the direct manager for the next level down.

Example:

Scott is the department manager, and he manages JP, Trent, and Brian. JP manages team 1; Treat manages team 2, and Brian team 3.  For Scott to see team 3, Brian must be listed as the direct manager for everyone on team 3. Scott must be listed as Brian’s direct manager.

Then, starting with Scott’s account, he can click on Brian and then see all of Brian’s team 3.

Regards,

KM/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi KM,

Yes! I am confident they are set up correctly. Below is a screenshot of a manager who’s direct reports also have some direct reports. You can see she has 6 active, and then her first one has 4 on his team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ktbadham if your courses are for sale, managers cannot enroll users...Make sure to also check your Team & Manager settings under Advanced Settings on the admin menu...You may have this option blocked.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We do not have any courses for sale in the system. I also confirmed my setting is the same as your screenshot. Managers can enroll their direct reports into courses, but they cannot enroll their direct reports of direct reports as is shown in my first post :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@ktbadham hmmm, seems odd. I just tried it and can assign courses to my subordinate manager’s team. You may need to connect with support on this one.

@lrnlab This scenario applies directly to something that we’re experiencing now.  When a Manager/Power User has their Assigned Team Members, click on the (...), then Enroll to Courses, only the free content appears.  We do have in-person courses for sale, but the Power User is only able to view the free content.  I receive this error message - “You cannot enroll learners into courses that are flagged for sale.  Only free content will appear here.”  

I’m thinking it’s because the ILT wasn’t purchased yet.  Is there a way to link from there to the checkout screen so the Power User/Manager can purchase the ILT on behalf of the User?

Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sorry not sure I follow...is the course you want your managers to enrol their users into for sale? Do you have eCommerce enabled? Are you managers also power users?

Yes, sir.  We have e-learning (free) and ILT (for sale) options. 

We do have eCommerce enabled. 

Managers are considered “Power Users” and are able to purchase courses through our calendar, by clicking on a specific date.  

The Power User/Manager is able to enroll in the free content from the user’s card under My Team, but not the ILT (for sale course).

I hope this helps.  I’m new to Docebo, so I appreciate your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

ah I get it...think the issue is with the My Teams page...feels like it’s coded to only show free courses. As a PU they would enrol users via the course enrolment tab so am guessing this is what your managers also need to do.

Managers are considered “Power Users” and are able to purchase courses through our calendar, by clicking on a specific date.  

the statement above, do you have your managers set-up as power users? I ask cause access to My Team and the ability to enrol in free courses does not require a PU role. 

We have both Users & Power Users set-up to enroll.  I just didn’t understand why it wouldn’t work by going through the User’s Card.

Thank you so much!  Your reply was super helpful. 

I thought I was losing my mind trying to figure this out. You’re awesome!