Best Answer

Maximum delay for sending course completion notification?

• 26 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3

Is there a maximum amount of time for the delay of a notification trigger, when sending an email notification for a course completion?

Use case: Send a reminder email 36 months after learner completed a course to remind the learner to revisit the course and re-take it.

The UI doesn’t throw an error even if I put in a duration like 999999 weeks, so I am curious if anyone has tested the delay functionality and gotten reliable results for a delay of up to 2 years.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 26 February 2024, 19:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Not sure what the maximum is but if it’s accepted by the system you should be good to go…

Why would send emails years after the completion? just curious….

The “delay” function works as expected...never had any issues with this and other templates with the similar options.

Userlevel 3

Sounds to me like a scenario where a certification would make sense. You can set the certification to be valid for 3 years and then just sent a notifcation before the certification expires, like 14 days before or so. 

Especially if the learner is supposed to retake the course I’d very likely attach a certification to the course.

Userlevel 3

Thank you both your your replies. We are exploring alternatives to certifications for certain use cases and the thought came up to mimic the experience of a certification by using the notification function. I think both are good options since it sounds like the notification delay could work as anticipated.