Merge User - SCORM Training Material

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, 

There were a few users that I wanted to merge, then I saw the statement below in the Docebo knowledgebase.

• Merging course data will merges training material tracking data but does not merge the responses provided for by the source user in training materials (such as xAPI or SCORM) in order not to alter data validation. The user resulting from the merge will have to provide responses from scratch.

Can anyone with more experience in SCORM training material, explain further to me what the statement above meant? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

interesting...have done many in the past with some user that were in progress on a SCORM course and have never had any issues reported. May be worth a proper test case though...

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Nabihah 

Probably they are referring to the fact that certain scorms or materials build in xAPI requires the user to perform certain actions within the material and then send this information to the LMS, and based on that information set the training material in a specific status (Not started, In progress, Completed).

In the case of SCORM files, you can create content that has a quiz in it. My interpretation of that message is that, Docebo will merge the training material in terms of the status of the material (In progress, Completed) but not the details regarding the passing score if there was a quiz for example. Makes sense? In any case, as suggested by @lrnlab I would test it first before moving forward with a dummy user that you have.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

I did run a test to see if the score will be gone after the merging. However, we are still able to see the score in the report under the new names. As mentioned by @lrnlab, we also did not encounter any issues before when we did the merging.

Will check with support for further clarification of the above statement.