Skip to main content

I have created a certificate for an ILT course and connected it successfully to the course. The recipient’s name and the course name print out fine. I can’t seem to get the date to print on the certificate. I have tried multiple shortcodes; elt_session_date_end]  ndate_end] edate_complete]. They show when I download the example from the platform. When I go in as a user and attempt to download, the date doesn’t appear. What am I missing? Your help is so appreciated!

dates won’t show on user certificate :(

The correct code is:  date_complete]

Make sure you have marked your course as completed as this will not pull in the session completion date...only the course completion date. 

@lrnlab Thank you so very much for verifying which code to use, and your willingness to help. I have eliminated the others and just added ddate_complete]. I have verified that Wilma Flintstone is checked as complete. Still, poor Wilma can get a certificate, but not with a printed date.

are you deleting and re-issuing the certificates each time you make a change? That is necessary to see your changes. Certificates are very sticky.

@lrnlab Thank you. You are the Champion of the World, today! It evidently had gotten glitchy from all my editing. For others who might benefit from my learning today, here are my steps.

1. Because I had the spacing correct, I copied my html from the old certificate to a doc file.
  2. Created a new certificate in Certificates.
  3. Uploaded my background picture to the new file
  4. Inserted my copied html into the new certificate file
  5. Went to the course and linked the just made certificate to the course
  6. Tested with my Wilma Flintstone account and did a happy dance!

Thank you, thank you! I so appreciate your help.

glad to help