New Archive Enrollments Feature

• 27 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Community,

Hope everyone’s doing well! 

I wonder whether I was the only one to assume that with the new Archiving Enrollments feature it would be linked to Certifications & Re-training - meaning, that the process would be, linked between the two?

Looks like this is something new that allows us to archive enrollment and re-enroll user to the same course or archive and unenroll - but manually. However we still have to track the certifications (1 year, 3 year etc.) ourselves.

Soo, we are kind of still left with the Certifications/Retraining app then and being unable to renew them automatically (without completely erasing the enrollments).

What are your thoughts on this feature and how do you plan to use it in sync with the Retraining app? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

as I understood, the archiving extends to the certification app, it’s not an app but a function you can use on courses as well. What’s been updated is the automatic archiving, resetting of the course and re-enrolment when the user click RENEW CERTIFICATION. You still need to create and manage certifications but when users renew, the whole process is ‘automated’ and maintains the prior completions in the archive database.

Userlevel 6

Certifications and Retraining is a more automatic “on rails” option, while the Archiving Enrollments feature is for more sporadic retraining needs

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks both. @lrnlab / @JZenker do enrolments still get erased if the option “Allow users to retake the same course or learning plan to renew their certification. Every user's prior tracking will be reset as soon as the certification is renewed.” is checkboxed, or rather - archived

Userlevel 6

Sure @sabine.deliveroo - They aren’t erased per say, but rather archived and can be viewed with specific reporting templates/filters 

Userlevel 3
Badge

thank you! Guess will have to test everything to comprehend :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@sabine.deliveroo correct...actually that’s what you need to do to get this to archive automatically when the user clicks RENEW