Best Answer

"Next Button" in Go.Learn App

Userlevel 2

Has anybody faced any issue where the users complete the first training material and click "Next" to continue the following training material, but the "Next" button is not working? But when the user exits and re-logins, the "Next" button is working. I reached out to the support team and was told it was expected behavior.

May I know anyone's thoughts on this or suggestions?

icon

Best answer by dklinger 7 March 2023, 03:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Good evening. It sounds like the completion isn’t being captured at the end of completing the one training material. I could think of a scenario where this could happen:

• a person opens a course
  • The user completes the training material…BUT… the course cant “hear the completion” because the LMS session has already closed
  • When you look at the training material logs - it looks like something goes wrong at the CMI interaction level - and it suspends much sooner than the actual session time that the person has engaged for the course
  • When the person logs back in? And they open the course? The training material marks the course as completed

We typically see this with a few cases only, but they are almost always SCORM imported courses that have a completion trigger that is related to the last page opened in the course and typically involves either really long sessions OR a person engaging the LMS from a mobile device and the LMS session effectively breaks.

A suggestion would be? To tell the learner upfront to complete the learning in one sitting and/or recommend that the person works on a desktop for best results if the scenario above is what they are encountering….another suggestion can be to extend the duration of how long the LMS will close due to inactivity to see if that eases some of the challenges.

Hope this helps @Nabihah 

Hi Nabihah

The concern you’re asking about is documented in the Docebo knowledge base, which is why Docebo support is telling you this is “expected behavior”….

“If the Next button isn’t automatically enabled after having played a SCORM or TinCan training material, you need to exit from the training material view with the X button in the player, then move to the following training material by opening it from the list of training material in the course.”

To me it sounds like this may be a case for user education and / or if you’re developing your own courses you could add the instructions above to the end of your course so they are presented to the user when the info will be most valuable to them.

Sorry I don’t have a better solution for you...

Dave