Skip to main content
Question

No Confirmation Email Sent

• 12 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, We currently have our settings for people to self-register (our platform has free content on it for people to access) and they then get sent an email, which they click on to complete their registration. 
We are considering adding in the setting where no confirmation email is sent.

Questions:

If someone then registers, do they then just automatically get into the LMS? 
Are there any risks to doing this? The registration has several additional fields so we do ask for more than just name and email. Not sure if it opens us to security risks of some sort.
If we gave someone a direct link to a course and they are not registered, currently they get sent to the main LMS page. Is there a way that they would register and go straight to that course?

Thanks so much for your help!

Amanda

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020080220-User-self-registration-settings#h_01J19XSZX17FX608EBTJF8G72Z

sounds they would be logged in directly without having to wait for the confirmation email.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much! Is there a drawback to doing this that I am unaware of? We are trying to remove any barrier to people accessing the courses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

None that I read on the KB article...it states that it logs them in after all the required info is input. As long as you are not doing any moderated registrations.

Userlevel 1

Thanks so much! That’s great to know. I appreciate your help!