Notification Layouts

• 23 January 2023
  • 6 replies

When creating custom notifications, I have come across a bit of a head-scratcher - so just wondering if anyone else has found this or knows what to do about it:

At the top of my notifications, I put our company logo, centred to the top of the email.

When the email comes in to my Gmail, or other accounts, it appears correctly.

However, when the email comes in to Outlook, all the formatting for the logo are ignored and it just left justifies.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Thank you

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

haven't seen this behaviour however you may want to check your Outlook settings for receiving mail. Sometimes it can be set to strip out the pictures so am wondering if that could also be affecting your fonts and layout. Typically, notifications do look at little different depending on what tool/software is used to view them...forwarding also has a similar effect in some cases.

Thank you - but I do not believe this is an Outlook issue - other emails that come with graphics display correctly - even with my current settings.

This is making it really hard to test emails and notifications and get approvals as our management team are also using Outlook.

There needs to be a deeper dive into this from Docebo’s side, I think

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi,

I would also suggest to check your outlook settings, maybe is something set from your IT department. I did a test today and I enrolled two users in a course, one with my corporate email (outlook), another one with my personal account (gmail) and in both cases I received the notification the same way.  

I have a logo at the beginning, centered, then the message and then the button to take you through the course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

How are you setting up the logo to be centered, Outlook is notorious for not accepting modern organization layouts and have to use older methods like tables and things to handle layouts. Also, when you say outlook, do you mean the desktop application or the browser based one? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We use tables to keep things in place but I think the issue described is bigger than that. If your formatting is removed only in Outlook there is a bigger issue at play. Do you use HTML to configure your notifications or just type in the window? Sometimes if you copy and paste from a Microsoft program like WORD, it adds a bunch of useless code that could also be causing some issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We use tables to keep things in place but I think the issue described is bigger than that. If your formatting is removed only in Outlook there is a bigger issue at play. Do you use HTML to configure your notifications or just type in the window? Sometimes if you copy and paste from a Microsoft program like WORD, it adds a bunch of useless code that could also be causing some issues.

Right, that’s why it was how are you formatting it, It may not be that Outlook is removing, just ignoring or doesn’t know to listen depending upon method.