Best Answer

Notification to a specific user, that is not the learner, power user, or a super admin?

• 13 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi,

Is there a way to have a notification sent to a specific user (this user is not the learner, a power user or a super admin), when users complete a specific course?

What I am trying to accomplish is: 

A user will complete a “getting started w/ xyz system” course that I made, and once the user completes it, the notification will go to our IT representative, and they will know to create the users “xyz’s system credentials”.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 13 September 2023, 21:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

the only way to send notifications using the notification app is to actual users...you cannot send it to an external email address. 

You can build a profile for your IT rep and give them a special PU role so they can be singled out when sending notifications (some actually allow to select the PU role you want to send the notification to)

Badge

@lrnlab Thanks for responding. So, the IT rep is in Docebo but we are strongly limiting who we allow to be Power Users. They are in there as just a regular user. Is there a way to have this type of notification sent to a regular user in Docebo? 

Also, let’s say we make the person a PU, I noticed when I looked at making the notification, that it said it would send the notification to all PU and Super Users. Is that correct or is there a way around that? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Another solution would be to use reports. You could schedule a custom course report to be sent to your IT representative daily. The representative would need to download the report and check for newly completed users. You could come up with some SLA that users will get system access within 24-48 hours after completing the getting started course. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KLevensky you cannot single out just one user unless you place them in a group or branch by themselves. With the option, you could single them out.

If you create a PU role just for that person, you can choose the role (see image) from the dropdown. This is from the template called, Learner has completed a course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Echoing @lrnlab ‘s solution.  You can even create the PU profile, and not assign any permissions to it.  So the user will still only have the same user access, but this will allow the system to send a notification to just that user.