Question

Observation Checklists -- Mobile Device

• 23 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Does anyone know if the Observation Checklists are available through the mobile app? It looks like that functionality is not available, but I'm not 100% sure I have done everything right either….

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Nichole! 

You didn’t miss anything ;)

Checklists are not available on Mobile currently but our mobile team is building them right now! Barring any incident, we expect to release them on Mobile with the September Monthly Release. 

Nate

Userlevel 2

@natemadel Wait - checklists are not available on mobile?  What is the point of buying the app is none of the apps work on it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Is it that they are not responsive in design? Can someone please clarify?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Jette!

In general, the go.learn app and the rebranded app share capabilities in terms of what we like to call our “core” lms, meaning, functionality surrounding the core usage of the learners within the platform.

The rebranded app offers several benefits including in-depth analytics and custom push notification capability via integration with firebase, enhanced security options,  biometric login, more branding customization, not requiring users to identify a domain prior to login (streamlined user login/ signup experience), a newly released integration with a mobile measurement software, as well as some setting level customization such as custom filtering within learner pages. An inherit benefit to the rebranded app is positioning your company’s learning program to your user base as best in class, in that from an App Store perspective, you are the owner/publisher of the app. Developing and maintaining an application can cost upwards of 100-200k from a yearly spend perspective (of course, depending on the underlying quality and functionality). Our business model on the rebranded app makes this attainable at a fraction of the spend.

From a market perspective, what I believe you’ll find is that most lms providers offer an app with very slim capabilities, typically narrowed in focus to providing the ability for users to play courses in either an online or offline fashion, as well as some profile management or viewing capabilities. This varies of course but is the general trend.

Docebo has been a big proponent of strengthening the mobile offering of learning, and has exposed a wide breadth of learner capabilities and functionality within the mobile application. In this case of observation checklists, we fully agree that the mobile experience can benefit and look forward to delivering it to you all soon.

Nate

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @nichole.chandler, great news! Docebo just released Observation Checklists on mobile. You can learn more about this new functionality via the following resources:

The easiest way to make this available for your learners on mobile is to add the My Checklist page to any mobile menus that you’re currently using.

Heads up: there’s a known issue affecting some users at the moment that should be resolved by early next week.

I hope this helps your use case! Please let us know if you have any feedback about how to take advantage of this new feature.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can observation checklists work in offline mode?