Skip to main content
Best Answer

Organization of Catalog Content/Channel Content

• 28 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to create folders within a course catalog or channel to organize the content and subjects? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Only option for catalogues are the Categories. You can expose these to users from the catalogue filters...that said, we dont use them much since the same categories are used by both users and admins and if a category is empty, or has courses a user cannot see, they still see the category but when they click it, they see nothing...not a great experience.

As for Channels, you can only load an asset; there are no options to group assets.

Userlevel 1

Thank you! @lrnlab

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Julianne_Foster - hey so first and foremost @lrnlab is always right (lol).

But consider that you may want to open your question to is there way to organize content on page…I say that because once you open that can of worms (and for my org it is a good can), you can support organizing your catalogs on page with various catalog widgets to set up a great experience.

That said - it may not be practical for you at your scale - and you are using the baked in catalog. Which may kinda sorta work? But what I am describing works well for us.

The only challenge is to later curate what you originally have in the system…good luck with where you go with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

By the way catalogs do support a few different sort orders themselves - and those sort orders are supported at the catalog level.