Question

page re-direct

• 17 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Is there any way to have a link from a widget on a page that directs different groups of users to a different page?

I know you can do this for the landing page but can it be done from another page?

eg new manager compared to a manager who has been there a long time

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lucy.blake you can link anywhere from a widget that allows you to input a URL; like the Custom Content box button, an image, HTML, iFrame, etc.

If you want to link to a page that is not part of a menu see this post:

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yes, can I have the same widget and have users go to a different page depending on their group. We already use hidden menus, which is why I’m wondering is this re-direct is possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Oh, so you want 1 link to  send different users to different pages? Dont think you can do that as the URLs are static...you would need to add some kind of redirect logic to do that and I dont think Docebo would support that...you might try building something outside Docebo to handle this and use an iFrame inside Docebo although I have no idea if this would work or not...

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I was hoping there would be a way to send them to one page and if that wasn’t available then go to another. We’ve got the links in custom html code so it might be possible, just wondering if anyone had achieved it?