Question

Playlist has been shared notifications

• 15 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Has anyone worked out how to notify someone that a playlist has been shared with them rather than just an asset?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lucy.blake don’t think that exists.. all I see are 2 versions…

New to watch invitation which only contains shorty codes for specific assets and the same goes for New Content Shared with you

You should test them both if you haven’t done so already.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello @Lucy.blake 

If you share a playlist to a specific user  using the “invite to watch” button (so a “private” playlist) the recipient will get notified if “New to watch” notification is active 

If you share a  playlist in a public channel the people in the channel won’t get notified, unless you invite to watch them using the invite to watch button (you can do as bulk action, so you don’t have to select each single user you can notify all the users of the channel just selecting the channel itself in the invite to watch) 

also in this case “New to watch” should be active to trigger the notification

Playlist invite to watch:

Notification:

Marco

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks, I’ve tried the new content shared with you and it sends it for everything. I’ll try the new to watch and see what happens.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks @Marco.T for your ideas

So I’ve tried that and it only works for new assets shared not playlists. Now you can’t see playlists shared by other people in the ‘my channel’ either!

I’ve just tried new content shared with you and it seems to work for only playlists now, but I don’t know why.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello  @Lucy.blake, i was re-reading your messages and i was wondering if you were able to make the notification works properly in you platform about playlist. 
If not let me know, we can check 

Marco

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Marco.T not got it working the notifications don’t specify between the type of asset shared. So it might be a playlist it also might be a video on a course. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @Lucy.blake i confirm is not possible from the notification to have different content(e.g. by a shortcode) to specify if is an asset or a playlist.

Can be an useful improvement also for other customers having a shortcode for the asset type, I’ve opened an Idea for it 

Thanks for the feedback, Marco