Question

Power Users

• 12 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a couple users who I made power users so that they can have the ability to view, edit, and enroll users in the ILT courses. I have assigned profiles and permissions to the power users along with the courses but when I log into the power users account, I do not see where they access their permissions. In the admin menu, all it says is “background jobs” and when I click on the ILT course it just shows it as if they were a normal user ready to enroll. There is nothing else that shows up on the landing page for them to access anything. Am I missing something?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

It depends on the permissions and resources you have given them. The biggest difference is that they will have access to the gear (Admin) menu and thus be able to access reports, course management and so forth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@kfoley Did you assign the courses by person, or by the profile? Maybe try assigning the ILT classes as a resource in their profile … Open the profile, click Add Permissions and then select the area.  There is an area for ILT courses.

The other approach that I’ve tried is at the user level. I assign the CATALOG where the ILTs live to them, and then a Courses/Learning Plans as “all visible in assigned catalogs”

Userlevel 2

Piggie backing off of the above, but you need to provide permissions to the created granted power user profile, assign users they need to have permissions to assign, and the courses where they should have these permissions for.