Best Answer

Question about use of word "session" in definition of "In Progress" Status

• 12 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all - quick question - should this say “events” in this definition in the last sentence, not sessions?

My understanding is that the session is the wrapper and you have events sitting under it. This appears to be saying you can have multiple sessions that need to be completed for a course, which has confused me.

It may be that they are just talking about different courses and sessions, plural. Let me know what you think!

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082940-User-Levels-Roles-and-Statuses

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 12 May 2023, 21:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

that would make more sense...you can reach out to support to ask them to review and update as needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This looks like an oversight on when they revamped the ILT structure.  What are now called “Events” used to be called “Sessions” before they changed the ILT structure.

Thanks both - I did reach out to the Support team, but they said they thought it made sense because apparently you can have multiple sessions for one ILT course, which I didn’t realise.

“The user can be enrolled in multiple sessions, if you create an ILT course with multiple sessions the user can be enrolled or can self enrolled into more than one session...

...So, the status can be enrolled or in progress, but it's referr[ing] to the session and not the event.

This is because in the event you can't be enrolled, your status is based on your attendance at the event”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Lucy careful when they advise that a user can be enrolled in multiple sessions...only an admin can add a user to more than 1 session for a course. Although true it depends on how you manage enrolments. We tend to use self-enrolment so we cannot promote having users registered for more than 1 session per course.