Best Answer

Recertification and Compliance Courses?

• 13 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey there- 

I’m new to this, so I wanted to clarify my understanding and see what workarounds seem to work best for those who have been doing this more long-term. 

Our IT department would like our employees to take a course every six months and track the completions. We’re running into a couple problems in that

• we want to keep archival data on taking the course,
  • we want to auto-enroll users, and
  • we want to see if they could be prompted to recertify six months after their individual completion of the course instead of just doing it two general times a year. 

It seems that the go-to move on here is to create a certification that expires after the time allotment and create a new course for users to enroll in. My concern is that users have to self-enroll, archival data on past compliance completions may be overwritten, it seems likely it’ll just be twice a year for everyone instead of 6 months after the user has completed their first course while onboarding, and that we’re having to remake the same course multiple times. 

Is there anything I’m missing that would make it more helpful? 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 13 September 2022, 21:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Not sure this app will serve all your needs as Docebo does not maintain historical completions at this time. This app iOS really only good to show who is currently certified or coming up for renewal (when configured this way). You could get around this if you allow many different courses to count towards certification/recertification however if plan on using the same course for renewals the system will reset the previous completion to not started and the conception data will be lost. You could solve this by pulling reports and archiving that data but this can be difficult to mange and may be prone to gaps in your data.

You could create multiple versions of your courses if you want to track and maintain completions on users transcripts however this may prove a little difficult for users to figure out which course they should/need to complete for certification/recertification.

That said, we are supposed to be getting some sort of enrolment archiving enhancement that might just allow us to track historical completions so that might be the pic you need to wait for.

Hoop this helps a little.

Thank you for your help! That seems to be what I keep hearing- I was just hoping there was a solution I wasn’t seeing. Thanks!