Recertification/retraining/licensing

• 13 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Community.

I saw someone had a similar issue 5, 6 months ago but I am hoping by now the system has improved.

I have professional license for hundreds of people that expires on different dates. It expires every two years. The person can renew the license 90 day prior to the expiration of the license. I am traying to create a process for sending the person reminders starting 90 days prior to the expiration of their license until the person renews it. Once they renew it, I need the system to set their new license date (always the same date) and start the countdown again. I need that renewal NOT to be available until 90 days prior to the expiration of the license. If I configure the system to do it through Recertification/retraining/licensing the system start counting the two years from the day the license is renewed and not from the actual date. In addition, the recertification will be available from the first day. I am having a similar issue with continuing education. I have continuing education that people have to complete by the end of every calendar year. The issue is that if they complete it on 01/01/2022 the system will allow them to recertify/retrain again and again through 2022. It will show up for them as something that was assigned to them. The option of assigning it manually is not going to work for me since it is a lot of work.

Another issue that I am having is the that the system does not communicate with people profiles so if I want the profile information to stay current, I have to manually input it. I use it to keep all the information for a user in one place (Hire date, position, rank, licensing, CE and more).

Any help will be greatly apricated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You might need to create bi-annual certifications in order to have more flexibility with this app...it needs a few more options.

Userlevel 1

Thanks. I was hoping someone will have a solution for this😉. I have to say I am bit surprised the system cannot do that. It is kind of a basic requirement licensing/recertification.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I worked in that field for many years and depending on where you are and what your licensing requirements are, this can get very complex. We used to have 3 year cycles with different credit types based on the license type + user could take internal and external courses to maintain their license...Docebo definitely does not support this unfortunately.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We used a Course for our certifications instead of the Certifications & Retraining App due to some limitations. Users are already marked as completed for the course and for them to be reminded of their 2-year certification due date, we set-up the notification in ‘Learner Completed a Course’, and it will trigger 100 weeks after the Event (that’s 1 month before their certification expires). Our coordinator manages the updating of their completion records in the system once the user submits their certificates. Also, with this approach, we have the flexibility in terms of customizing the notification and we do not need to manage a separate report for certification. This may not be the most ideal solution but meets our requirements. You can explore ‘External Training’ feature too.