Skip to main content
Question

Removing Multiple Catalogs at Once

• 15 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello! I am wondering if there is a way to remove multiple catalogs at once? Our courses usually include around 20 catalogs. Once the course is complete, we remove the catalogs so it no longer populates for users to see and click into.

I have been having to remove each catalog one-by-one, which is not hard, but is a wee bit time consuming. It would be so much easier if we could have the option to click next to each catalog and remove at one time (similar to how we mark attendance, completion, unenroll, etc.). Does this already exist and I am somehow missing it? If not, any workarounds or are others removing individually as well?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@becca.crumb - my understanding that’s a negative. You can remove a course from its perspective and not a catalog perspective (under course management)…which is not horrible…but like you said? It is one by one….I believe this is true unless you delete said course…which doesn’t sit right with me…deleting courses that have any user learning records against it is a concern (and I know you didn’t say you were doing it). 

Look, there are a few ideas about how to improve course management and retiring courses…I think it would be great (where ever the concept of course retirement brings us to) when you a pull a course “back”? You do so unilaterally - no matter how many catalogs it is in. It is “removed” from its “public” visibility. Or to allow for a checkbox interface and to allow us to remove from many…in the course management tool…

Thank you for posting this…

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@becca.crumb - I couldn't help it...I posted one for you because this makes way too much sense.

I cant edit the idea - I missed the word catalog….geesh...