Question

Renewals and Certification

• 12 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

Please can you help me out?  We currently have some essential skills that we need people to do every 3 years and I’ve set them up in Docebo and all’s good with them.  All the skills that have completed in Docebo are fine.

However, when we implemented Docebo there were some people who had completed essential skills before it was set up.  As a result those completions were put in a database and dropped into Docebo but were not linked to any certification.  I have set up the certifications and was advised that I could reapply these to those people by uploading the database using the recommended CSV file in the Certifications part of Docebo which seems to have worked in the sense that it now shows expired and gives the option to renew.

I now have two issues now, the first is that some people have redone their training before I activated their renewals but despite changing the completion date for them it’s still showing as renew now.

The second is that all of their essential skills are still showing as complete on the reports and in their “Courses” section of their account despite them needed to be renewed.

So my two questions are:

1. Can we complete a renewal on behalf of someone if they have completed the course already?
  2. Is there a way to show the course in progress again and report that (technically) the course is still incomplete if it needs to be renewed?

Any help or workarounds would be much appreciated as I am dealing with 400 learners and it’s not feasibly to pop into each one to update manually!!

Thanks in advance, 

Keep safe

Paul

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Retrainings doesn’t record multiple completion dates but I hear it’s coming 🔜 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Paul Foxton essentially when you enable the RENEW option with the ability for users to retake the same content, the LMS will clear out the previous completions and allow them to start again. Not great if you need to maintain those previous records but you could bypass this using reports.

this KB article lays it out for you:

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020083240-Managing-the-Certifications-and-Retraining-App

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Retrainings doesn’t record multiple completion dates but I hear it’s coming 🔜 

Always coming soon….

Badge

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the feedback - I’ll try Irnlab’s idea, thank you!

Keep safe

Paul