Question

Reports keep conking out

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi - anyone else finding their scheduled reports keep conking out? I woke up this morning to get this message. Other ones have done it this week.

Is this our new tomorrow?

I am all for new technologies improving our processes, but if I can’t count on it to be there, it first becomes a problem and then a boulder to our approaches.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Havent seen that message yet...but we did have a bunch of issues last month. Keep pushing support on these. It’s likely all related to the new data lake.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I had it prior to the data like move and would have certain ones literally turn off multiple times a day for a while. I had to build a monitoring system for it as a result. Did you open a ticket? We had to work through some instance issues to resolve over time. 

Userlevel 3

@kferguson FYI

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I am getting a note that there will be a release that will improve this story on 12/21...more shortly.

Userlevel 1

I am having report trouble this morning. Perpetually says a Data Refresh is in Process, and I cannot preview reports or export them. Are others seeing that today?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I am having report trouble this morning. Perpetually says a Data Refresh is in Process, and I cannot preview reports or export them. Are others seeing that today?

@FredTacon yup - I put a ticket in about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I got the note:

According to our devs, The issue was originated from a Throttling on Athena that throw an error when a query tries to start after the data refresh

It sounds like this is a bit bigger than just us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m having the issue today as well.  Reports ran correctly around mid-night, but for some reason they kicked off again at 8AM. Those are the ones failing for us.

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I am getting a note that there will be a release that will improve this story on 12/21...more shortly.

Well, seems incremental improvements are pushing this forward, so hopefully this will be another in the right direction :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Please ensure you have a current or new ticket open with our Support team for tracking of this issue so we can include your platform in our DevOps task.